Terms and Conditions
- PRIVACY PROMISE
Puzzlair takes your data very seriously, so if you have trusted us with your personal information, we promise to treat it respectfully and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union.
We promise to only use your personal information (provided by you at the point of booking your game) to process your payment, make your booking and keep you up to date with relevant offers via email (as long as you have opt in to receive them).
Who ‘We’ Are:
When we say ‘we’, we mean Puzzlair Escape Rooms who is the ‘data controller’ for the information in this overview. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we use customer information.
The Information We Collect:
We only collect information from customers that is essential for securing a booking, no more and no less. Including your name, number of players, contact telephone numbers and email addresses. We may use third party payment apps (Stripe and PayPal) to process payment securely and independently. Game bookings are made via our website and by telephone are processed using a 3rd party application
How We Use That Information:
We will use this information to do the following:
- secure booking for chosen date and time
- to improve our products and services
- to understand how customers uses our products and services
- to offer customers other products and services that may benefit them, as long as consent is provided
We’ll only use customer information where we are allowed to by law e.g. carrying out an agreement we have with the customer, fulfilling a legal obligation, where the customer agrees to it or where we have a legitimate business interest.
Puzzlair’s customers may request to see copies of the data we hold or request that we delete their data by emailing to email@example.com.
Photography After Your Game:
If you check out our Facebook page then you’ll notice that we post photos of our players after their game. If you prefer not to have your photo shared on social media, then please let your game master know before you leave.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR BOOKING AND USE
- These terms and conditions relate to all events arranged, managed, hosted by Mindload Ltd, (hereafter Puzzlair) regardless of where the events are held, promoted or sold by. Mindload Ltd is a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales under company number 12308945. Our registered office is 1st Floor, RHS, 1/A Barton road, Bristol, BS2 0L.
- These terms and conditions and any contract concluded incorporating these terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and all disputes shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Puzzlair collects and stores your personal details without disclosing it to any third party and is dedicated to ensuring that the privacy of your personal information is protected in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Puzzlair’s website may contain hyperlinks to third party websites. The operation of those websites is out of the company’s control and you may use them at your own risk. The company accepts no liability for any damage arising out of any use of those websites.
- You have expressly agreed to participate to play any game at Puzzlair at your sole risk.
- Strictly no mobile phones, cameras or recording equipment shall be allowed at Puzzlair, anything can be only recorded or saved with the explicit permission of Puzzlair. If a non-permitted recording activity is found, Puzzlair has the power and consent expressly granted by you to delete and remove such recordings.
- The company expects visitors not to disclose any details of the game directly or indirectly to the public.
- You shall be responsible to wear the proper, sensible and suitable footwear and clothing.
- The website https://puzzlair.co.uk is owned and operated by Mindload Ltd. The company holds the right to amend or vary these Terms and Conditions including any of the contents of the website from time to time at its sole discretion without prior notice. The hereinafter terms apply to the use by any visitor of Puzzlair’s and should be read carefully before any use: Puzzlair does its best to supply you with the most current and accurate information on its website. Puzzlair’s website is for your personal and non-commercial use. You are not permitted to link to or use all or any part of Puzzlair’s website for any purpose which is fraudulent, unlawful, defamatory, harmful, obscene or objectionable. Puzzlair will take all appropriate steps to protect the security of any payment card information though the company shall not be liable for any damage that you may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of any such information. Puzzlair shall not be liable to any person for any direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages, including (without limitation) lost profits or revenues, loss of opportunity, costs of replacement goods or services, loss or damage to data or business interruption, arising out of any use of the website.
- In any event Puzzlair shall not be held liable or responsible for any loss of your personal belongings or personal property, either within the site or outside of site. All items left are done so at your own risk.
- By booking an event you confirm that
- You are at least 12 years of age
- You provide accurate personal information regarding contact details (telephone number and email address) and names of all participants
- You accept our Terms and Conditions.
- Puzzlair is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information submitted during the booking process. All booking updates (including information, reminders and confirmations) are sent by email only. If you do not receive such email or the email is corrupt in any way (blank or otherwise), please contact us by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are booking on behalf of a group, please ensure that you have the consent of all members of the party before making a booking and that all members of your party have read and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. The person who signs the booking form or completes the booking online or by telephone will be the “lead name” for the purposes of the booking.
- The lead name is responsible for payment of the total booking price, which may include any subsequent cancellation or amendment charges that may be payable. The lead name must confirm that all the other members of the party agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and provide accurate and full information to the remainder of the group in relation to the booking, including any subsequent changes.
- If you wish to change any part of your booking arrangements after our confirmation invoice has been issued, you must inform us in writing as soon as possible. This should be done by the Lead Name.
- Puzzlair recommends teams to 10-15 minutes before the game starts.
- Puzzlair will accommodate for lateness where possible but reserves the right to cancel the booking 30 minutes after the booking time slot. Puzzlair-reserves the right to reduce the game length after 10 minutes delay of start.
- Any special requests must be advised to us at the time of booking. Although we will endeavour to meet any special requests, we regret we cannot promise that any requests will be complied with unless we have specifically confirmed this in writing. Failure to meet any special request will not be a breach of contract on our part unless the request has been specifically confirmed. We do not accept bookings that are conditional upon any special request being met.
- Online bookings can only be made up to 3 months in advance, exception may happen if contacting Puzzlair via email or phone.
- We only accept valid voucher codes. These vouchers can be redeemed in our booking system.
- When booking an event by using a voucher the booking is confirmed only after the voucher has been accepted. If the voucher code is incorrect, we reserve the right to reject the booking without notice. However, as a gesture of goodwill, we endeavour to make a reasonable number of contact attempts to rectify such issues. Confirmation of a successful booking will be provided by email.
- Puzzlair does not take liability for and does not accept third party vouchers or discounts. The vouchers are valid for 6 months.
- “Share & Win”, “Like & Win” or any further prize game vouchers are only valid for 3 months, for one free game from Sunday to Friday, prize vouchers are not applicable for Saturday.
- Buy One Get One Free offer is only valid Sunday-Friday and therefore cannot be redeemed for Saturday games.
- Please note a refund will not be given when the discount code was not used at the time of booking.
- You may add extra players to your booking later but please note that any original discounts used will not be applied for extra players.
- Puzzlair allows customers to change or cancel bookings up to 72 hours prior to the event. This is referred to as cancellation period. In this case customers are entitled to full refund. Full refund nor Partial refund is available in this 72 hours period prior to the event.
- If a game is booked within the 72 hours period prior the event and the game needs to be cancelled by the customer, customer must give the notice up to 24 hours prior the event. In this case customer is entitled for a partial refund in the form of a £25 voucher for their next game. In the case of notification is given about change/cancellation within 24 hours prior to the event there is no any form of refund.
- When cancelling a booking that was paid by third-party voucher, Puzzlair are not able to offer refund as you fall under the third party retailer’s policies. We advise you to contact the retailer that sold the voucher to make reasonable arrangements.
- Puzzlair is not responsible for third party retailers, nor do we have any involvement with their cancellation policies.
- If a game needs to be rescheduled to a later appointment requested by the customer, customer must give the notice up to 24 hours prior the event. Within 24 hours rescheduling is also possible to any Sunday-Friday days (not to Saturdays), by paying a small £25 fee.
- Refund is only available to customers whose cancellation falls under Section 4.1., or the cancellation is due to an extreme or unavoidable event such as death or bereavement.
CANCELLATION BY PUZZLAIR
- If an event is cancelled by the company, we will contact those affected and endeavour to achieve a satisfactory resolution e.g. change of event date or refund.
- Puzzlair will also endeavour to ensure that affected customers are contacted without delay. However, if submitted contact details are not correct, we are not liable for any lack of contact.
- If payment has not been received during the booking process or at least 24 hours prior to the event, Puzzlair reserves the right to cancel the booking or offer other available slots. We will endeavour to contact the person made the booking with as much notice as possible. However, we are not liable if contact has not been successful.
- In some cases Puzzlair accepts provisional bookings, those certain bookings are made without payments for a later event. In these cases payment is required 7 days prior the event otherwise Puzzlair reserves the right to cancel the booking.
- If you fail to attend an event for which you are registered and have not given us prior notice, you shall not be entitled to any refund, transfer or otherwise pursuant to our refund policy.
- The event is indoors and will not be cancelled for weather conditions.
- If the weather is extreme and we are forced to cancel, we will endeavour to contact all participants with as much notice as possible. We will then decide either to transfer bookings to another session or make other reasonable arrangements.
DURING THE EVENT
- To attend our events customers must be at least 12 years of age on the event date. If any customer appears to be younger than 12 years old, our staff is required to ask for proof of age. If none is available, the individual will not be allowed to participate in the event or be eligible for a refund or other remedial action. However, we can offer following the game on camera, guided by the game master.
- Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Puzzlair operates on tight schedule therefore late arrivals cannot be acceptable. You will not be eligible to a refund or transferring your booking to a later date if your late is significant.
NON-PARTICIPATION IN AN EVENT
- If a participant decides for whatever reason to excuse themselves from the event, either before or during the event, without any reasonable justification, the game master will ensure the customer understands that they waive their right to any remedial activity.
BEHAVIOUR AND CONDUCT
- While you are on our premises you must ensure to conform to our codes and regulations, adopt proper standards of behaviour, and cooperate with our staff.
- We do not tolerate drunken or abusive behaviour, consumption of alcohol or illegal drugs or substances on our premises. In such cases participants may not attend the event and no refunds or transfer of booking will be made available.
- Participants must bear in mind that this is a brain game where no physical force or manpower is needed to open locks or solve puzzles. We use “Do not touch it!” or “Handle with care!) stickers to avoid participants to get hurt or cause damage in the game area.
- Each player at Puzzlair will be instructed before their game by their assigned local Game Master. After learning the rules of the game, each player will participate in the game at their own risk.
- Puzzlair is not liable for any (personal or equipment) damages caused by game room misuse or not following the rules described before the game.
- You shall not enter Puzzlair 4D under the influence of drugs or intoxicated, failing these Puzzlair including their employees shall reserve all rights and power to decline or refuse your entry to Puzzlair. If you are found to be under such influence, Puzzlair including their employees shall have the power, authority and consent expressly granted by you to remove and confiscate such alcohol, drug or liquor without any compensation, remedy or damages and shall reserves all rights and authority to take the necessary legal action to ensure reputation of Puzzlair remain intact and guard against any risk or harm towards Puzzlair businesses. All losses, damages or legal costs derive from such incident shall be solely borne by you.
- Playing in our rooms does not require using protective gears or special equipment but if so the game masters will provide them, and participants are requested to use such gear as instructed.
- Puzzlair holds no responsibility for any lost or missing personal items.
- Street parking is available. Fee may apply.
- You are required to inform the game master if you have medical condition that we should be made aware of.
- In case of emergency First Aid box is available at the desk of Game Masters or contact can be made with emergency services if necessary.
- If you feel uncomfortable during the game (e.g.: asthma, claustrophobia), there is a panic button or panic switch to use in each game area; also the game is monitored by game masters and they are able to stop the game if needed.
- Before booking please check with our Team which rooms are suitable to your needs.
- Puzzlair is not responsible or pay you any compensation for any injury, illness, death, loss, damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from any of the following:
- the act(s) and/or omission(s) of you or another member of your party; or
- unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our or our supplier(s) control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised; or an event which we or the supplier of services, even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall.
- Puzzlair can hold participants liable for any loss or damage which they may cause on the premises or venues. Participants agree to adhere to all housekeeping rules, procedures and policies (including policies as to behaviour and conduct).
PAYMENT AND COSTS
- The price of our events are quoted in our brochures, flyers and on our website. If the event is advertised on third party sites at a different price, this responsibility falls to them.
- We reserve the right to amend the price of bookings the rooms at any time. These changes will not affect confirmed bookings, except in cases of obvious error.
- You may pay for your booking online by valid third party vouchers; credit and debit card or through Stripe. Credit and debit card payments made online through our site are processed by a secure payment collection service (“Payment Processor”). Our online payment processing is undertaken by Stripe.
- The Payment Processor’s terms and conditions apply where applicable.
- Please note that we cannot guarantee the security of data which you send us by email therefore we ask you to not send us payment in such way.
ALTERNATIVE PAYMENT METHODS
- In the unlikely case of these mentioned payment methods be inconvenient, please contact email@example.com to check with our Booking Team.
- Please take into consideration that Chip and PIN device is not available on our premises, also please note the following:
- The only acceptable payment method for all bookings made for the actual day is cash.
- Customers can only have 1 discount applied at a time. Discounts may or may not be applied for any gift vouchers bought.
- Last minutes discount: Puzzlair is reserve the right to launch discounts anytime. In some cases Puzzlair may offer “last minute discounts” on certain games and are under no obligation to apply any offers to bookings already made.
- Photos of each team will be taken at the end of the game. Puzzlair may use said photos for marketing purposes, if you don’t agree with this please contact us by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org.